Friday, April 12, 2019

RISE by Author DYLAN ALLEN



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...


This is my third ARC from the author... 


I've read The Rivers Wilde series—The Legacy and The Legend, and because of that, I signed up for this one's ARC.


At first I wasn't aware that this was kind of a re-release... I just went in and dove right away...


To be honest, I wasn't really feeling the story. Not as much as the previous books I've read from her... It took me a couple of days to finish... and I was contemplating whether or not to finish reading it but I've never not finished a book, ever. 


The first few chapters were exciting... but somewhere before the middle, my excitement kind of dwindled down. I was asking myself if it was the story itself or was it just me?


I know for a fact that the author is awesome... like I've said, The Rivers Wilde series are a huge favorite of mine and I gave them 5-stars... those books were gripping... like page after page there is something new to anticipate... but this one... It didn't hold my interest very long (but I still forged on).


Maybe it was the push and pull, maybe it was the angst... I don't know... I just didn't connect with them as a couple... as individuals they were strong and resilient characters but as a couple, I didn't really feel them. I'm sorry :(