Monday, January 14, 2019

WHEN ASHES FALL by Author Marni Mann



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

Before anything else, let me just say.... oh my gosh! What in the world was that?! I totally was blown away... I literally took a while to compose myself. As I went from one chapter to another, I was like OH.MY.GOD and what's going on—every friggin time.


This story may seem like a love triangle between Dylan, Alix and Smith...but it really isn't. 


I don't know how to go about this without giving anything away. All I can say that it's so good and even days after reading the book I'm still reeling my emotions in whenever I think about it... Yes, I may have ugly-cried about a book in December but this one... this one totally destroyed my heart. I literally sobbed and lips were trembling... 


To be honest, I was very confused... the first few chapters took me for a spin. I didn't know how to react after each chapter... like it didn't make sense... 


As a I go deeper into the story, I got resentful towards Dylan, got frustrated at Alix and pitied Smith... but still there was that niggling feeling... like, will this all make sense? I'm an anxious reader, so I was like what is really happening? These characters were playing games with my heart and my mind... and then everything only made sense as I was nearing towards the end. 


Man, I wish I was emotionally prepared for reading this.. I didn't read the reviews except for the blurb... I went in blind... 


The feelings took me by a storm and I had to breathe in and breathe out because I was so overwhelmed... And that time someone asked what happened to my face, I would explain that I'd just read this amazing book and it goes like this... and then I would cry again. 


I guess I could say that I can relate to the PTSD part because I've lost people so close to me and haven't really gotten over it... and I could also say that I like the hope and positivity it brought in the end. Grief has no timeline... feelings can't always be sorted out as one specific thing...


I definitely recommend reading this book! I do wish there was a longer epilogue but its amazing, I can't stress it enough.


Make sure to stock on some Kleenex and a bottle of water... or wine. Whichever would help you cope... I will always remember this book as the first book in 2019 that broke my heart and stitched it back, and the one that me made me ugly-cry after a very long time.