Tuesday, January 15, 2019

PICTURE PERFECT SUMMER by Author MARQUITA VALENTINE



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

I always get excited whenever I receive news about reviewing another ARC!


I didn't really like the the last Marquita Valentine book that I've read (sorry!) so when this came up and I read the blurb about the heroine's boyfriend having a pregnant wife, it caught my interest... thought it was scandalous and exciting. So I signed up and counted the days when the ARC will be delivered... I was so ready for this one.


I always love a good build up... an organic development of the relationships and the characters... although there is what they call "insta-love," and although they say the heart wants what it wants, as a reader and a romantic sap, it came up lacking...


Like normally when someone left you and came back after 10years, you don't just go bulldozing into their lives within a single day after their arrival to proclaim your undying love... it just doesn't work that way... and a decade is such a long time to leave that certain someone or yourself wondering what could've been... you could always reach out thru social media or email... and last but not least, a decade is plenty of time to make an effort to come find that person that you claim to love so much. I know that life gets in the way, but come on! If you really wanted to do something, you'd find a way... 


But despite all that, I still enjoyed the book. It was light and easy to read... and it was definitely better than the last M. Valentine book that I've read.