Wednesday, December 26, 2018

A PLACE WITHOUT YOU by Author JEWEL E. ANN



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

Though I am no stranger to the author's work, this is only my first ARC from her.


I did not expect this book to turn out or end the way it did.


I thought it was going to be one of those usual angsty love stories, but I was wrong—it was more. 


I'm not a huge fan of insta-love but with Bodhi and Henna, it works... 


I don't know how to go about discussing the details in the story without giving away any spoilers... where do I start? I love the way they met and the connection they instantly had. I think it's possible to look at a stranger and your world stops while your heart wildly beats...


That part about suicidal thoughts and about the father... that part was hard to read through. I have experienced having those thoughts even more so when my dad passed away... I have a part somewhere in my heart that died along with him... I'm a Daddy's girl, so reading that part felt too heavy and painful. Personally, I don't think I could do it... I really don't. Call me selfish, I don't care.


There are also other parts where I got frustrated with both main characters... the constant push and pull was a tad bit exasperating but I understood that it was needed...


I don't think this is something you'd wanna read over the holiday season. Don't get me wrong, I loved it. I love how their story unfold... the journey they took... and like I said earlier, I love it and I gave it 5-stars but this is a heavy read. You definitely need to get your tissues ready.