Wednesday, September 5, 2018

THE MISTAKES I'VE MADE by Author J. L. BERG



I was waiting for my life to start...

After forgoing college to help run the family business, I’d given up on the idea of a different life, and finally made peace with something a bit simpler.

That is, until Leilani Hart showed up.

There is nothing simple about about the hotel heiress and the minute our eyes meet, I know my carefree existence is a thing of the past. She has big ideas for our sleepy town and the motel she plans on transforming into a spa destination for the rich and famous.

She’ll have to go through me first.

From our first meeting, we’re like fire and ice and I can’t help but wonder what it would be like to pin her down and melt some of those frigid layers right off. 


But, my town comes first. Or, at least, that’s what I keep telling myself. Unfortunately, my heart and head don’t seem to agree and soon, I don’t know where my loyalties lie.  I’ve never believed in love, but for her, I just might be willing to risk it all.



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...


I've read every book in this series, and this is one of my highly anticipated reads! I feel so lucky to be given the privilege to read it before it's release! So, thank you.


Though this is a standalone, its best if you read the first 3 books to know the recurring characters and to understand the series better.


So you've read the blurb... This story is about Taylor and Leilani. Taylor is Dean's younger brother and Leilani is an out-of-towner, tasked to oversee the revamp of the one  and only, old and rickety hotel in the island of Ocracoke, NC.


Now I don't have any idea how it is to live in an island like Ocracoke, but from what I've gathered, everybody treats everybody like family—it's intimate and protective. We couldn't blame the townsfolk for the resistance and the apprehension they felt towards an outsider who's looking to overhaul one of the town's landmark... and so Taylor Sutherland, prominent business owner and  perpetual ladies man, was the one who was tasked to be the conduit between Leilani Hart of Hart Hotels and the whole island.


Two opposites... both strong-willed... both have individual unresolved personal issues...  But you know what they say about finding love  when you least you expect it. It's definitely a bumpy ride for these two.


This is a story about believing in yourself... about taking risks and trusting not only your gut, but also your heart.


This book is definitely a must-read! Get your copy now!