Sunday, September 2, 2018

FROM ICE TO FLAMES by Author AM HARGROVE



One Rule: No More Men. Two years ago I walked away from a marriage I thought would last forever and all I got from it was Dick …  


and I don’t mean the one between my stupid ex’s legs.  I’m talking about the one hundred sixty pound furry kind said ex dropped off at my doorstep. But I’d take Dick over any man, any day.  So why did I resemble my dog, panting and drooling, whenever I ran into Hudson West, my sexy neighbor? True, the gorgeous veterinarian was hotter than sin. And my new roommate only made it impossible for me to avoid conversation with a man I didn’t need. Until … some asshole decided to run Dick down. And it was hotter than hell Hudsonhotter than sin. And my new roommate only made it impossible for me to avoid conversation with a man I didn’t need. Until … some asshole decided to run Dick down. And it was hotter than hell Hudson who came to his rescue.  Then it became impossible to ignore him.  It was only supposed to be a fling, a quickie, a one and done, I’d given into. We both had reasons to keep it that way … my one rule and his five-year-old son. 


Except things didn’t quite work out that way. One turned into two, then three, annnnd you get the picture. Before we knew it, he gave me a lot more than puppies and fairy tales. I was in way too deep. And that stupid rule? I should’ve stuck to it because now more than my heart was at risk.


MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for a truthful review. I was so excited to read my first AM Hargrove ARC, so here goes...


It's a warm second-chance romance about Hudson and Milly. Milly was just coming out from a divorce, Hudson was also divorced himself. Both were afraid to be in a serious relationship but are intensely attracted to each other, and so they gave in to their baser feelings... but you know what they say about fears—what you fear, you create...or usually happens.


I'm not going to repeat everything the blurb already said to refrain from redundancy, so let's get straight to the point...


The story was angsty, sweet and funny at the same time. The pacing was good and the characters were all lovable especially Dick and Wiley... well everybody except for the exes. However, I did observe that this book was a wee bit lengthy than normal. I have some of the author's books in my TBR shelf... I'm not sure if her other novels are the same, but this would be the first time that I am reading something of hers. As a reader, I think there were parts in story that aren't very necessary. There even came a point where I felt like my excitement  for Milly and Hudson was slowly going on a downward slope. But all in all, I did enjoy reading it. The first few chapters gave me butterflies in my tummy. And the cover! Man look at that cover?? Hearteyes! Lol


The story of Hudson and Milly taught us lots of life lessons... like don't overreact to situations... that words equally hurt as much as actions.. don't cheat coz it messes with people's heads... to take risks and say how you feel... and lastly, don't play games... the story also showed us a glimpse of what it entails to be a responsible pet owner. It's not just a mere walk in the park...


For those of ya'll who are fans of hot single dad's and sweet country girls, this is the book to pick-up next!