Tuesday, January 30, 2018

LIVING OUT LOUD by Author Staci Hart



SYNOPSIS:

When Annie Daschle arrives in New York City, the only thing she can control is her list. 

Not her father’s death or the loss of her home. Not the hole in her heart or the defective valve that’s dictated so much of her life. But she can put pen to paper to make a list of all the ways she can live out loud, just like her dad would have wanted.

See the city from the top of the Empire State Building: Check.
Eat hot dogs on the steps of The Met: Check.
Get a job at Wasted Words: Check.

What wasn’t on her list: Greg Brandon. And just when she thinks she’s figured out where to put him, everything changes. In the span of a few staggering heartbeats, she finds herself her caught in the middle of something she can’t find her way out of, with no clear answers and no rules.

List or no list, she realizes she can’t control anything at all, not even her heart. 

Not the decisions it makes, and not the moment it stops.



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...


Oh my. I don't even know where to begin... This has gotta be Staci's best book ever! I'm just so blown away—over the fence, World Series kinda' thing.


I'm not a huge fan of heavy drama but I indulge myself from time to time... This modern-day story of Sense and Sensibility is about resilience, faith and love. It tells the evolution  of Annie Daschle and Greg Brandon... I'm not gonna touch on more than what the blurb says... But I can say with utmost enthusiasm that ya'll wouldn't want to miss this heartwarming and heartwrenching  love story... It doesn't only tell a story about friends becoming lovers, but also a story that tells about the innate love between family.


This was the book I could relate to the most—the children's love for their mother; their sudden loss of a loving father who they adored so much; the unwavering love of the uncle to his sister and her family... everything just hits close to home. No matter how much I tried to reign in my emotions, I cannot help but ugly cry... Its like the friggin dam just broke once a tear slipped.


Its so good, but its also an emotional read, and if you don't have tissues around then you'll gonna have your shirt wet. The first few pages alone will already pull on your heartstrings!