Sunday, November 5, 2017

UNMASKED by Author MAGAN VERNON

 
SYNOPSIS:
 

Can a hotshot snowboarder de-ice the ice queen?

 

At twenty-six, Blake Tremblay is one of the oldest snowboarders in the game. His sights are set on the gold medal, and he knows it’s now or never.

 

Kelly Johnson has spent her entire life skating and winning. She’s had no time for friends or an active social life, earning her the nickname “Ice Queen” – in and out of the rink.

Blake makes a bet without knowing all the terms. His ego won’t let him back out, even though his target is none other than the American Ice Queen herself.

 

What are the odds the dreadlocked playboy can warm the frosty figure skater when the real games are unmasked?

 

Let The Games Begin.



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...


I've read most of Magan Vernon's books. The Only Exception was unforgettable, and one of my fave New Adult books todate... So I was so over-the-moon thrilled to receive this ARC. 

 

The storyline isnt something new. I've seen movies and read books where one of the protagonist makes a bet and ends up really falling for the other... 


This is definitely a story that caters to a much younger crowd. Dont get me wrong, I loved it. Who doesnt love YA or New Adult? I'm a romantic sap, of course I'd love anything with a HEA... 


I enjoyed reading it for the most part...It was like reading a sexier and naughtier version of a Disney movie script.... but to be honest, I wasnt really feeling it 100%, I'm sorry.

 

Blake and Kelly were funny and cute together, but as a reader and a daydreamer, I felt like it lacks something... The pacing was okay given the fact that everything in the story develops within a couple of weeks time, but I think it was too predictable... It seemed like something I would read in highschool...like those Sweet Valley books I used to love so much... It wasnt really a disappointment, but considering her other books, I just expected so much more from this one.



Release Date: November 06, 2017.


Buy Links:

https://www.books2read.com/u/boYwxV

Get Your Copy Today!