Monday, November 13, 2017

RELUCTANTLY ROYAL by Author GILLIAN ARCHER

SYNOPSIS:
 
A bad-boy prince is tamed by a vivacious American beauty in this charming love story.  Officially, the world knows me as His Royal Highness Prince Lucien of Monaco, but you can call me Luc. A long time ago, I vowed never to let my heritage stand in the way of a good time. Now the party’s over.   
With the death of my father and my twin brother, I’ve lost a part of my soul—and my freedom. My heartless older brother tells me that not only do I have to settle down, I need to marry a girl with the right bloodlines. AKA, a princess. Yeah, I’ll get right on that . . . after one last trip to Vegas. That’s where I meet Hannah. Not only is she gorgeous and down-to-earth, she reminds me what it’s like to live completely in the moment. Plus she has no idea who I really am. Hanging out with the locals, I feel like I can just be myself again. Besides, our chemistry is undeniable—especially after we take things to the next level.   What happens in Vegas is special, and I don’t want it to stay there. But I’ve been keeping a secret that will tear us apart. The last thing I expect, though? Hannah’s been keeping a secret of her own . . . one that might just bring us together. 

MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING....

I was browsing through Netgalley when I saw this book... To be honest, this was my first time to read something from Gillian Archer... The cover wasn't bad, but what caught my interest was the blurb... I've read a lot of royal romances... I mean we all grew up watching Disney HEA movies and had read about prince and princesses, so yeah, I was curious of what would set this royal romance apart...

 

The story revolves around the reluctant royal, Prince Lucien, who was captivated by a vivacious local named Hannah at a regular Vegas karaoke bar... and so their story starts from there and evolved from acquaintance to something more in a short span of time.... a lot has happened between these two within such a minimal timeframe but I guess when you dont have to worry about "normal people problems", you can just let your feelings run free and can afford to take any type of risk... and this is what Prince Lucien did... I'm not saying this is a bad thing... I'm just saying that if this were a regular guy, he'd be more pragmatic about his actions... and I guess there's really no timeframe when it comes to love— it just suddenly hits you. 

 

I loved the story... Its sweet and easy... I loved their playful banter... the setting... the pacing was great... The overall concept isnt something new but what set this apart were the last couple of chapters... it evoked emotions and humanness.

 

I love Lucien and Hannah, really... but what kept on creeping in my mind, which made me excited and really curious is Sebastien (Bastien)... He was portrayed to be this uptight jerk of a royal big brother, and although he softened up in the end, and given his situation, I cant help but think if he'll have his own story? Probably he'll fall in love with his efficient assitant...or something... Ms. Archer, if you ever want to brain storm, I have ideas!lol

 

This story teaches you about humility, of being true to yourself and it also teaches you the importance of family... For the fans of Emma Chase and for those who are total romantic saps, this is the book to pick up next!