Sunday, October 8, 2017

IN PIECES by Author DANIELLE PEARL

 
SYNOPSIS:
 
Three years ago she was left in pieces . . . Most college freshmen love the newfound freedom of living on campus, but none of them craves it like Beth Caplan. One ill-fated night when she was fifteen left her locked in a posh prison of private tutors. It's for the best, everyone said, and maybe it was. But after years of hard work and healing, the one person who never thought of her as broken could be the one to break her all over again. And Beth can't seem to stay away now any more than she could all those years ago. As soon as David March learned his best friend's little sister was enrolling at his school, he promised to look after her, and promised himself he'd keep a safe distance. But the sweet little girl he'd grown up with has transformed into a gorgeous young woman, and she's attracting attention from people she shouldn't-like the ex who nearly destroyed her and a strange new student with a disturbing habit of showing up wherever Beth goes. But for David, the most troubling discovery is realizing that he doesn't just want Beth to be safe. He wants her to be his...

MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

This was my first Danielle Pearl book... There was so much buzz about it and when the opportunity for me to review came, I jumped right in. I was like a kid in an ice cream shop.

 

I've read a lot of college romances... I love them! They're usually what I devour first in my reader... there's just something about them.

 

So the story centers mainly on Beth Caplan. She had a lot to deal with early on life... family issues on top of personal ones. I can relate to her being overwhelmed by everything... Sometimes you just cant help but feel so....helpless. 

 

Then there's David March... Her brother's oldest bestfriend, who is so protective of her, but really just using it as an excuse just to be near her... 

 

Throw in the ex Brian and a mystery man  named Brody in the mix, plus her brother Sammy on top of everything she had to deal with... well... there is bound to be some punches thrown.

 

Honestly... I thought it was a wee bit dragging (sorry!) The push and pull of David and Beth was okay to deal with but after some time, I thought it was just bordering on indecisiveness, which kinda' frustrated me... lol

 

There were definitely some twists towards the end that explained why Beth is the way she is...

 

Overall verdict... I loved it. I always keep an open mind whenever I read... I will definitely check out the author's other works. Like I've said, this is only my first Danielle Pearl novel. I can't wait to know her more through her stories.

 

If ya'll love angsty, forbidden, new adult romance... then this is the book to pick up next!