Saturday, September 9, 2017

WE OWN TONIGHT by Author CORINNE MICHAELS

BLURB:
 
From New York Times Bestseller, Corinne Michaels, comes a sexy new STANDALONE romance novel. 

I’m not a one-night stand kind of woman. I’m especially not the woman who has a few drinks at a concert and ends up in bed with my childhood celebrity crush, Eli Walsh. 

However, that’s exactly where I find myself. 

What’s a girl to do after a drunken mistake? Run. I grab my clothes and get away from the powerful, irresistible, and best-sex-of-my-life superstar as fast as I can. His gorgeous green eyes, rock-hard body, and cocky smile have no place in my world. My life is complicated enough.

Someone forgot to tell him that. 

Eli is relentless. Pushing his way into my heart, wearing me down, proving he’s nothing like I assumed, and everything I need. But when my world shatters to pieces, he holds the broken bits together. Unwillingly, I fall desperately in love with him.

He made me think we’d have forever . . . I should’ve listened when he said we could only own tonight.
 
 
My Thoughts After Reading...
 
I've read some of Corinne's work but this book, is by far the most memorable. I dont know...it's probably 'coz I'm feeling extra emotional today. Anyway.... It's been a while since I've read something that made me cry... Yep! I almost ugly-cried! I was trying my damnest to rein myself coz...well mainly I was scared of inducing another asthma attack... plus I look really hideous after a crying session... I was like, "Dude, you'd look like a drunk Yoda if you dont get a grip! Pull yourself together..." and I kept on repeating that to myself several times but the tears are just  impossible to keep at bay when ya'll read this... so yeah... Gotta have those Kleenex nearby... I was so unprepared for the heart-wrenching parts, and I didnt wanna break my jam by getting up to look for a friggin tissue... so I used my sleeves to wipe my tears and my snot... Gross, I know...I'm just saying (shrugs). Lol
I am a huge Backstreet Boys fan, Nick Carter was my imaginary husband.... Yeah. Truly... lol Although in real life, chances of me getting hit by a torpedo is probably 10x more than a single chance of having a rock star admirer, but I'd still say that the story is relatable—at least to me, it is... in terms of being a crazy fan girl (I am 100%), in terms of being scared and apprehensive of getting hurt... in terms of being a daughter, a sister and a friend... I am the same age as Heather aaannnd I wanted to be a policewoman/soldier when I was a kid... so there you have it. Lol
 
 
I love the story of Eli and Heather! Eli is a celebrity and Heather is normal, everyday people... All thats got to happened is a connection, and bam! I guess thats why they say "Love moves in mysterious ways..." It just hits you from out of nowhere. Its stories like this one—that reminds me why I love to read; of why my heart and my mind cope... of still remaining hopeful despite the harshness of real life....
 
 
It's a rockstar romance...but its not shallow, cheesy and/or predictable. It was beautifully & vividly written... one can feel everything, page after page. This isnt a light read, but its not heavy-drama either. Eventhough there are sad parts in the story, it doesnt leave you emotionally drained and tired... Lord knows thats the last thing a reader needs feeling after hours of reading...
I love how the characters were thought of... their personalities...how they evolved when they got know eachother... and how their  humanness was highlighted in the story. 
 
 
I've read a lot of celebrity/normal-girl romances and they usually lose their momentum smack right in the middle... but this one doesnt. You just cant wait to get to the next page and see what happens next.
If you're a fan of K.A. Tucker's Until It Fades and Alessandra Torre's Hollywood Dirt, this is the book to pick up!
We Own Tonight is out now!