Monday, February 27, 2017

MAYBE SOMEDAY by Author Colleen Hoover

 
SYNOPSIS:
 

Sydney is living in an idyllic bubble—she's a dedicated student with a steady job on the side. She lives with her best friend, has a great boyfriend, and the music coming from the balcony opposite hers is fast becoming the soundtrack to her life. But when Sydney finds out her boyfriend is cheating on her, the bubble bursts. The mysterious and attractive man behind the music, Ridge, gives Sydney hope that she can move on and they begin to write songs together. But moving on is harder than she expects, Sydney can only hope…. 

Maybe someday… 

Colleen Hoover draws you in to this passionate tale of music, love and betrayal…




My thoughts after reading...


Oh man... I don't even know why I just thought of writing this... This book means so much to me... You know back in 2015, I went to my first booksigning event. There I met the awesome Colleen Hoover in person... along with two equally talented authors, Tarryn Fisher and Christine Brae. They had a Philippine Book tour, and my current hometown of Cebu City was one of the stops. Maybe Someday was my first signed book ever. (Sigh) that was a pretty awesome experience... It was partly energy-consuming having to wake up real early to queue, to wait for a couple of hours for the event to start along with a huge crowd and to carry around all those books... but of course, meeting them was totally worth it all.


Anyway, back to the main topic at hand...

So I was writing a book review last weekend and raved about reading it a couple of times...and then I thought about all the books that I've read more than once... It's probably just a handful...well maybe a handful and a half... Pppprobably around 5-7ish... Its a short list!


Like most bookjunkies, Reading is my therapy... and I can't remember how many books I've read in my entire lifetime... My Goodreads profile book count isn't even half of how many books I've actually read... So yeah, I've read a ton but there are these small number of books that you keep on coming back to...when you are in a rut or when you find yourself in a funk—these couple of books are my go-to, dependable feel-good ones...the ones that makes me feel like home. So I thought about all my favorites, and this book came to the forefront of my mind and I'm like, man! I'm such a shitty blogger! Why on earth haven't I written a review about this one, hell I dont know! Let's just chuck it up to temporary memory loss... Lol. Its the only  reason I could think of! I'm beating myself up right now... So, anyway....


I've probably read this one like five times eversince it was released in the first quarter of 2014... I know, I know UGLY LOVE is the popular favorite...because it's going to be a movie soon.... Plus Nate Bateman is the true embodiment of a bookboyfriend and him playing Miles Archer just got all the fangirls of the world in a tizzy....but ....but I must say that Maybe Someday is absolutely my very, very loved one... There were a bunch of people during the booksigning...so in order to accomodate everybody, the facilitator asked the fans to only pick out one book to be signed with your name on it, and so I picked this one without batting an eyelash.


I just love this book! There is just something so poignant about the whole situation between the two lead characters... You can feel their forceful resistance, the throbbing sadness and their heartbreaking frustrations... thus conjuring raw emotions especially from this reader. I mean, after reading it so many times, you'd think you're already over the sad parts but nuh uh... I still cried and my heart still broke for Ridge and Sydney—every friggin damn time!


You know, the first time I've read it, I was like, man...I hope this story has a happy ending coz I don't really like books that doesnt end HEA. I think there was that phrase talking about art imitating life or some shit that sounds like that...yes, I know life isn't all rainbows and unicorns, but what's the point of reading being an escape if it doesnt end with a HEA right? At least for me... So yeah, at first I thought it was that...but after being very mopey along with Ridge and Sydney chapter after sad chapter, thank God it ended as it should be... 


I love all the characters in the story! The last chapter was so beautiful! I swooned! Grand gestures never goes out of style! Warren and Bridgett was a relief from all the drama. Maggie and Brennan were great supporting cast as well... And as always, I wished there was an epilogue... like some sort of a fast forward of the two of them building a family... something like that. That would certainly be interesting.


This story is one of those that'll stick with you through the years... It makes you realize that life is full of surprises—both good and bad... to still be hopeful that even when bad things happen, something good can come out of it... One of my favorite quotes in the book was from Sydney, she said...

 

"It's not so easy when you're trying to win a war against the heart."


and it's true... no matter how hard you try, which every way you go... the heart always wins... Always does... Ugh! I wish I could write as brilliantly as Ms. Hoover! She is such a riveting storyteller!


So...to those of you who haven't had the chance to read this one, what the hell are you waiting for?? Grab your ebook or paperback copy now! Hope ya'll will love it as much as I did... And still do! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

 

 

 

 

SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE #PicQuotes ⬇️ I ALWAYS MAKE MY OWN!😉