Friday, February 6, 2015

BE MINE FOREVER by KENNEDY RYAN

SYNOPSIS:

Can a secret crush . . .

Jo Walsh has loved Cameron Mitchell for as long as she can remember. Whether front and center in her life or on the periphery, the tall, brooding artist has made his presence seductively and irresistibly known. But whenever they start to get close, Cam pulls away. Jo's tired of keeping her feelings in a box Cam is afraid to open. If he wants her, he'll have to prove it. And if he doesn't, Jo will need to know the real reason why . . .

. . . become the love of a lifetime?

How do you walk away from your soul mate? Cam wishes he knew. No matter how far he runs from Jo, he can't resist looking back at the silver eyes that seem to see right through him. But as well as Jo thinks she understands Cam, the dark truth about his past is something she shouldn't have to handle. Cam's sure that setting Jo free is the right thing to do. Too bad his heart has other ideas . . .


My thoughts after reading...

Is it bad that I like Cam's and Jo's story better than Walsh's & Kerris'?? As a fan of the series, I'd been warring whether to voice it out or not, but I guess I just did, didn't I?lol and on the plus side, I didn't ugly-cry like how I did in the last two books, so there.... 

Anyway... The situation we find our characters in, is very much relatable--dealing with unrequited feelings, self-esteem issues, psychological and emotional turmoil... I mean, at some point in our lives, we've all wanted someone who doesn't know we exist...at some point in our lives, if not recurrent, we've all dealt with some sort of insecurity...or have gone through a couple of heart-wrenching phases...so yeah, its relatable.

Like I always say, the heart wants it wants... Its stubborn and selfish, and crazy... When it chooses somebody, its either you're screwed or...well you're screwed either way... Everybody wants to avoid crashing and burning but its in the chance you get by taking the risk that makes everything worthwhile.

I love Jo! I admire her spunk, her resilience, her outtake on life in general... She really is a ray of sunshine...always finding the good in everybody and in any situation. I wish I could be more like her...

And Cam...well I admire his resilience as well. I guess now I get why he's being a broody jerkwad. Man, I can't even imagine the stuff's he's gone through. Coming from someone who's looking in, its just beyond horrible... He's a true embodiment of strength. He could've been worse, but he turned himself around and made good of what was handed to him. 

I just wish Jo could've given Cam some more work-out by not giving in right away...but I guess when you've pined for someone for 17years, you wouldn't wanna waste anymore time... I don't know about any of you, but I can definitely feel the character's passion and angst. 

This series taught me, that nothing nice ever comes out of making rash decisions especially ones that were influenced by anger and resentment...like Kerris did when she agreed to marry Cam eventhough deep inside she loves Walsh... like how Cam settled for Kerris eventhough deep inside he's really in love with Jo... like how Jo could've just said something out loud... The whole debacle of it all, could've been avoided if everyone just set aside their pride and fears and just grew some friggin' balls from the outset, so to speak.⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I will park my fingers now so I wont be giving out any more details. If you want more, grab your own copy and read yourself! Its worth it, I promise!