Sunday, June 9, 2013

TANGLED by EMMA CHASE

Synopsis:

Drew Evans is a winner. Handsome and arrogant, he makes multimillion dollar business deals and seduces New York’s most beautiful women with just a smile. He has loyal friends and an indulgent family. So why has he been shuttered in his apartment for seven days, miserable and depressed? 

He’ll tell you he has the flu.

But we all know that’s not really true.

Katherine Brooks is brilliant, beautiful and ambitious. She refuses to let anything - or anyone - derail her path to success. When Kate is hired as the new associate at Drew’s father’s investment banking firm, every aspect of the dashing playboy’s life is thrown into a tailspin. The professional competition she brings is unnerving, his attraction to her is distracting, his failure to entice her into his bed is exasperating. 

Then, just when Drew is on the cusp of having everything he wants, his overblown confidence threatens to ruin it all. Will he be able untangle his feelings of lust and tenderness, frustration and fulfillment? Will he rise to the most important challenge of his life? 

Can Drew Evans win at love?


My thoughts after reading...


I just finished reading it. I really just started last night. And I gotta tell ya, I was hooked! Yes, its a romantic comedy and you know how I feel about those...  I loved when the author used a guy's p.o.v... it sorta reminded me of Travis Maddox in Walking Disaster. Its honest and raw. This is the kind of story where it leaves the readers smiling and feeling lighter and for sure, I'm not the only one who would've wanted an epilogue... say an engagement or a wedding. But maybe there's a book#2....

Drew is a douchebag... typical arrogant SOB... and whats worst is that he has every right to be because of who he is, his background, his achievements in the business world... etc... but life as we know it, is unpredictable and we'll never know when we'll be thrown out for a loop.. Drew thinks he's invincible---in a sense...until he meets Kate.. his achilles heel... I guess no matter how hard we try to fight it or rationalize feelings, there's just no other bloodless/painless way around it. The human heart is stubborn... and is an arrogant and spoiled "organ" if I may say so ... it always gets what it wants and when it doesnt, it just bugs the hell out of you until you give in to its wishes... Every relationship is always risky... and who could blame if some of us are scared shitless to dip even a finger into it... There are no guarantees when we deal with feelings and people. 

I soooooo loved the story! I was perusing through my facebook page and goodreads notifications and was curious what the buzz was all about this book entitled Tangled... and as it turns out, they're all right... Its such a fun read... you'll crave for more of Drew and Kate... I recommend reading it..one of my fave reads so far :)

Click here http://miron173.ucoz.ru/_ld/0/9_03-Whitesnake-I.mp3 to listen to the song (I feel) that best describes Drew's predicament... Hope you'll like it. 😉

Get your own copy from Amazon by clicking on the link below:
TANGLED: