Monday, January 18, 2021

LIZZY GOES BRAINS OVER BRAUN by Jasinda Wilder



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

3.5⭐️

I love Jasinda Wilder. She's one of my go-to authors. When I get asked what's my top 5 fave book of all time her book, Falling Into You is in that list. 

I can't believe this book came out right after The Cabin. I know they're not in the same series but... I don't know. This book was super slow burn. There's no other way to say it, but I got bored for most of it except the part when she already met Braun. From that point forward, it picked up. But even that didn't do much. Like 3/4 of the whole book is spent talking with her girlfriends... I almost didn't finish it. This is such a departure from Falling Into You and The Cabin. Nothing wrong with departures or it being different but there was just too much dialogue between the heroine and her girlfriends. It's probably just me, but yes, this is how I felt towards the book. I was looking forward to the love story but there's probably only like 20%-30% of it. 

And the love story was fast paced... it was swoony but still too fast paced for me.

*sigh*