Monday, September 17, 2018

NORDIC KING by Author KARINA HALLE





When I first applied for the job I thought it would be like all the others: working as a nanny for an aristocratic family. Then I got the job and found out how wrong I was. Now I’m the new nanny for two adorable little girls who happen to be princesses. Their father is the widowed King of Denmark. And my new home? The royal palace in Copenhagen. Adjusting to my new life isn't easy but the hardest part hasn’t been the girls who still grieve over the loss of their mother. It’s their father. Cold, mysterious and moody, with an icy stare that seems to penetrate your soul, King Aksel may have hired me to take care of his daughters but he wants as little to do with me as possible. Yet the longer I share these palace walls with this man, the more that I’m drawn to him. His chiseled face and sexual swagger are only part of the package. It’s in the long, intense glances at the dinner table, the way we’ll brush up against each other in the halls, the rare glimpses of the man deep inside, like the sun passing through clouds. But no matter how I feel about him, we can never be together. You think it's bad enough being in love with your boss? Try falling in love with a king.

MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

I am so honored and so ecstatic to be one of few to receive an ARC of Nordic King. 


Ever since it was announced and ever since I've read the synopsis, I got so excited and waiting for the release felt like light years away. Like my gut knew from the outset that I'll definitely fall in love with this book, and I did! Oh boy, I so did... 


Let me walk you through my thoughts... 


So the prologue starts with a bang... What happened kinda' set the tone for the whole story—why the King was the way he was—broody, distant and very rude. It's just so weird that in real life nobody likes those traits in a guy but I seem to root for and lean towards those in my fictional characters... but that being said, the female lead isn't someone to be taken so lightly either. She's full of spunk and energy... although I'm not sure what the real-life rules says about a nanny trying to school a King, but in this book she does and of course it was within reason (from an outsiders pov). You'll just love her! 


It's not all rainbows and unicorns... there are parts where it'll definitely make your heart wrench... and you'll feel anxious, frustrated and sad... and that'll make you realize that regardless of your social stature, everybody just wants to be happy.


In a nutshell, this really is a modern take on a Cinderella story... and Cinderella is one of my favorite Disney Princess aside from Belle.


I toiled all-night and fought so hard against Mr. Sandman... to me, it's worth the all-nighter and yes, to me it's that good... 


Nobody is too old for fairy tales... and its why I read to begin with—to escape, to dream, to live life vicariously through the pages of a book... and to fall in love all over again.


I love this book... I love King Aksel and Aurora... and I think their love story is simply beautiful that'll surely make your heart (and panties) melt. I'll surely check out the other books in the series!