Tuesday, October 14, 2014

PUBLIC FOURTH DOWN by TIJAN


SYNOPSIS:

My mother tried to destroy me. She doesn’t exist to me anymore and my father, the one who raised me and the biological one, are both works in progress. The only two people that I can trust are Mason and Logan, and they’re the two people who I could lose. It won’t happen. I won’t let it. No matter the truth, no matter who loves me, I won’t let anything or anyone come between us. 
They’re my world. They’re my life. 
They’re my family.



My thoughts after reading...

Honestly, I'm not very patient especially when it comes to waiting for a very long time for the next installment of an addicting book-series release. It really gives me a helluva anxiety... But when it comes to The Fallen Crest Series, I needed to suck it up and deal. I’ve become so attached to the fearsome threesome (Mason, Logan & Sam), that I re-read 'em from time to time. These guys are like my personal brand of heroine (not that I've tried anything like it)... Its like.... chocolate caramel cake--one slice isn't just gonna cut it. Each installment just keeps on getting better and better!

Anyway… the story basically revolves around Tate’s parting message to Sam---that one "secret" where Logan is harboring feelings for his brother’s girl & his soon-to-be step-sister, Sam... To some, the secret may not seem like a big deal but apparently it is---its big enough to crumble the seemingly solid relationship between these three.

The story has all the ingredients you need in a good teen-drama series... There are times when I just wanna slap some sense into Sam for bottling everything up inside... But seeing things from her point of view, I guess I can’t really fault her for being scared... but really, the stress it's causing everybody is friggin’ overwhelming. I’m even overwhelmed myself!

On Mason… well for someone who isnt used to serious relationships, and for someone as rich, young and popular as he is, its awe-inspiring that he is capable of loving intensely. Amidst all the pressure, the distance and temptations, he stays faithful to Sam... He treats her like a queen. Sam is one lucky girl.

And Logan… Well...this book was more about him and his feelings, but what feelings?? I would’ve wanted to read more about it… He was practically making a joke out of everything and downplaying his feelings for Sam. I know being a bit dorky is part of Logan’s awesomeness, but I was expecting more from him this time around, you know? I expected more seriousness--some depth 'coz really, in all honesty we can’t help who we fall for... Whether it’d be the school slut, the band geek or in Logan’s case, his brother’s girlfriend… But still, the heart wants what it wants. We can't help it...

Logan downplays his feelings and claims his feelings aren't as intense as Mason’s love for her--maybe true, maybe not... but will he ever really admit that out loud? I just feel like there’s more to it than what he's making it to be. I mean of course I don’t expect Logan to act on his feelings for Sam, knowing Sam doesn't feel that way about him... but I just would’ve wanted more intensity (from him…), probably a subtle indulgence or at least show a bit of struggle on his end. It would’ve been more exciting that way. Nothing is more enticing than a story with a love triangle… or a “love quadrangle” now that Jackson is around... Talking about Jackson, I want him to have a bigger part in the next book...

I can’t wait for the next installment to come out! I'm excited to read more about Logan, his feelings for Sam... about Jackson, about Garrett, or about Helen or Analise stirring up trouble for Mason and Sam etc… and that new douchey antagonist Park Sebastian… Hmmm, I bet ya’ll are sharing my excitement now huh? Well hurry up and start reading, stat!

#PicQuote for FALLEN FOURTH DOWN by Tijan.