Thursday, July 25, 2019

ALL ROADS LEAD TO YOU by Author Jennifer Probst



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING... 

This is my first ARC from Ms. Jennifer  Probst but not my first read. I have some of her paperbacks in my shelf. I got this ARC from NetGalley. The Marriage Bargain and The Marriage Trap were two of my fave books of hers.


This is the story of Aidan and Harper. He is an Irish horse trainer and she runs a farm that rescues and shelters abused animals... and they developed a relationship because of their love for animals... and so on.


I don't know if it's just me but I wasn't really able to connect with the story at the beginning. It took me about 3 days to finally finish the book and usually when I get excited and connect with a story I'd devour it within a day. I always love a good build-up towards a swoon-worthy  love-story but I think it took much time for the characters to evolve? I don't know... For me, it only picked up around the middle. 


The writing was good—of course, duh... but the pacing was much slower than I would've preferred. Maybe this book wasn't just for me.