Friday, February 15, 2019

YOU'D BE MINE by Author ERIN HAHN



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING... 

I was browsing through Net-Galley and chanced upon this book... and while YA isn't really my kind of jam, the blurb lured me in and requested to read it... and thank goodness for the publisher to grant me the opportunity to read it and to get to know the talented— Erin Hahn.


This is a country rockstar romance, that tells how Annie Mathers and Clay Coolidge came to be...  She is America's country music sweetheart and he is country music's bad boy.


Their road to  forever is definitely not an easy one because both have baggage the size of Texas... this is not your typical cute and lovey-dovey clichéd YA... it's angsty and its emotional. It touches on sensitive topics such as suicide, PTSD, premarital sex, alcoholism and prescription drug addiction. It will also teach you about acceptance, resilience and perseverance. 


Like I said, it's not my usual but I enjoyed it nonetheless... Even though both characters were rockstars they were still relatable... it was a slow burn but I keep forgetting that it's YA, lol. I wish there was another epilogue, like way into the future... I'm a sucker for those. I'm a romantic sap what can I say? 


Although the story is not the same, it kinda gave me a wee bit Abbi Glines' Seabreeze Series feels... or Rachel Van Dyken's Seaside Series feels... if you're a fan of those, then this is the book to pick up next.