Sunday, January 27, 2019

GENTLEMAN SINNER by Author JODI ELLEN MALPAS



MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

Believe it or not, this is only my first Jodi Ellen Malpas ARC but I have some of her books in my TBR shelf... I know I've been saying that a lot lately  but I'll definitely make time very soon.


 I was a wee bit apprehensive because I didn't know what to expect... like I said earlier, this is only my first Jodi Ellen Malpas read. So I went in blind...


I was hooked from the first chapter to the last. I thought, wow.. reading about Theo Kane kinda' reminded me of Gideon Cross. Although the storyline aren't similar at all, their strong, formidable characters are comparable.


To be honest, if this was in real life... if someone was this persistent and made stalkerish moves, I'd be scared $hitłess but also be low-key flattered, lol.


This is definitely not a light read... it talked about violence, phobias, prostitution and mental abuse... but this book also pulled on my heart strings. There were sweet, tender moments that contradicts Theo's overall persona which made him swoony because let's face it... a real life guy like Theo would probably not show that kind of vulnerability to anyone that early in the relationship. They fell in love fast, but that happens... someone would just suddenly come along and knock the wind out of your sails... 


Theo and Izzy kept me on my toes. There was never a dull moment reading about their journey.  


For those fans of Sylvia Day and EL James, this is the book to pick up next.