Friday, July 13, 2018

CHURCH by Author STYLO FANTOME



A broken girl.

An unusual boy.

A beautiful face that hides a dark secret and an ugly past.

Sealed lips which hide wicked words and dangerous thoughts.

She would kill for him to love her.

He just wants to kill.

Maybe, if Emma Hartley prays hard enough, Church Logan can make both their wishes come true.

Fuse, meet match.


MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

3.5⭐️


Okay... so this isn't my first time to read a psychological thriller, but from the outset I was hooked. I don't know why (no offense)... 


I was questioning myself countless of times why I continue on reading it for the sole reason that I can't relate to the main characters— in anyway... sure, there are scorching love scenes and the romance aspect is alright, but I still couldn't connect myself to the characters.


I wont pretend I know or understand that kind of mental illness. Although I haven't been clinically diagnosed, but I do have anxiety and some sort of depression. But I reckon theirs is far worst because it doesnt only touch on self-harm, it touches on physically harming other people.


As I go on page by page, I kept on thinking "Oh man, this is just so weird..." Although the falling inlove with your step-brother storyline isn't something new, the psycho part in it made it unique... 


I didn't hate the book, but I didn't like it much either... maybe book 2 will be better.