Saturday, June 30, 2018

DISGRACE by Author Brittainy Cherry




Synopsis

 

Each day I prayed for my husband to love me again.

 

After fifteen years together, he walked away from me, and into the arms of another.

 

I didn’t know how to cope. I didn’t know my worth. I didn’t know how to exist without him by my side.

 

All I wanted was for him to come back to me.

 

Then, Jackson Emery appeared.

 

He was supposed to be a distraction for my mind. A summer fling. A confidence boost to my bruised heart.

 

We were perfect for one another, because we both knew we wouldn’t last. Jackson didn’t believe in commitment, and I no longer believed in love. He was too closed-off for me, and I was too damaged for him.

 

Everything was fine, until one night my heart skipped a beat.

 

I didn’t expect him to make me laugh. To make me think. To make my sadness somewhat disappear.

 

When our time was up, my heart didn’t know how to walk away.

 

Each day I prayed for my husband to love me again, yet slowly my prayers began to shift toward the man who wasn’t right for me. 

 

I prayed for one more smile, one more kiss, one more laugh, one more touch… 

 

I prayed for him to be mine.

 

Even though I knew his heart wasn’t destined to love.

 

MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...


Oh man, I'm still swooning and daydreaming... Such a sweet and heart-wrenching love story.


I really feel honored to receive an ARC from the Ms. Brittainy Cherry. I've read all of her books, and THE AIR HE BREATHES was my favorite... but now, I think I might re-think that thought. 


Everybody should read this! I'm not only saying it because I'm a fan, but it's got a whole lotta' moral lessons... This is hands-down, my most highlighted book as far as 2018 goes. 


There are parts of each of the characters that I can relate to... well, except for the substance abuse part. Lol 


Sometimes, appearances can be deceitful... It's true that there is always more than meets the eye... and just because people say it is, doesn't mean it really is. And if we constantly care what other people think, then our lives isn't really ours... 


I'm just bursting  with energy and happiness and inspiration. This book came out at the right time—a time were the news and social media speak of hatred, of bigotry and intolerance... This love-story will teach you about compassion, empathy and acceptance apart from respect and basic human decency. 


This isn't your typical love-story, but I assure ya'll it'll definitely pull your heartstrings. 


I feel like I'll be giving away the whole gist of the story if I say more... so I'm going to end this before my mouth runs away with me... 


This is such a beautiful read, I cant gush enough! 


And p.s... how sexy is that cover?? (Sigh)



Download today or read FREE in Kindle Unlimited!

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2tyiVaM

Amazon Universal: http://mybook.to/DisgraceBC

 

Add to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2o8Xslh