Friday, May 25, 2018

ALLURE by C.A. HARMS



She was supposed to be my forever...

I’ll never forget the first time I saw her. She wore overalls two sizes too big and a pair of gloves that were also too large for her little hands. But that didn’t faze her one bit, and we clicked instantly.

By the age of twelve, we had become best friends, and by the time we turned sixteen, we were more. I had eyes for only one girl. My girl.

But then life changed, and different paths led to broken promises. When she left town, I was forced to let go of our dreams.

I spent my days existing. Baseball, classes, and working at the family farm became my life. I didn’t care about anything else. Until I met Allison Jo.

MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

I'd like to apologize for this late post as my family and I were and still are going through some painful personal stuff. The last couple of weeks were tough, and I just want to ask for your understanding. Thank you.


**


This story is a wee bit angsty... I don't know why it reminded me of Friday Night Lights and One Tree Hill.


I've read similar stories, but it's usually the guy who leaves, and after some time he comes back to get the girl... here, it's the other way around. It's what made it unique.


In the beginning, I was skeptical of Rhett and his intentions with Allison Jo... it was described that his love for the girl who left was pretty intense... and everybody knew about it.


I can relate to the main characters... With Rhett, if you're determined to heal the broken parts and try and open your heart, you'd definitely move on... with Allison Jo, well every girl has that insecure side to her no matter what. And who could blame her? 


It was a slow burn but it was definitely worth it. The pacing was great, the story was sweet and realistic, and the characters were relatable. 


Who wouldn't want a Rhett and an Allison Jo in their lives? They're just so perfect for each other!


If you're looking for something that's perfect for a Hallmark movie, this is definitely the book to get your hands on!