Monday, October 13, 2014

LOVING YOU ALWAYS by Kennedy Ryan


SYNOPSIS:

Kerris Moreton should be the happiest woman in the world: She has a successful business and is about to start the family she's always wanted. But the man of her dreams-the one whose green eyes see straight into her soul and whose gentle hands make her body hum with pleasure-is not hers.

Each secret moment with Walsh Bennett serves to remind Kerris of what she's missing. And every stolen hour makes it harder to see her future without him. But being with Walsh would betray a sacred promise and upend her perfect life. When tragedy strikes, the razor's edge between love and loyalty grows sharper than ever. And Kerris must decide where her heart will fall . . . 

**This is the second installment of The Bennett's Series. This is not a standalone. You must read WHEN YOU ARE MINE before reading LOVING YOU ALWAYS.


My thoughts after reading...
Its been a couple of months since I wrote on my personal book blog. I was having some kinda "writers block." And in addition to that, I was a bit in a funk emotionally and well, I was also trying to keep up with my TBR-shelf. And yes, I've read tons since my last entry but I didnt think there was any book worth gushing extensively about... and then I read this and bam! Found myself ugly-crying as hell like someone stole my fave purse!

I was really blown away by this series... I don' t even know where to start. In all honesty I wasn't very familiar with the author's work. I chanced upon it one day while scanning a promo email from Amazon for new book releases... I'm so glad I bought it! This is one of the most beautiful romances I've read in 2014...Hell! Probably ever! This is definitely one of the most memorable ones... I've marked this series in my heart as one of my all-time favorites. I admit I'm such a sentimental sap but there's just something in this story that really reached out to me.

When I started reading the first book, When You Are Mine, I just couldn't put it down. I practically finished reading both in one day... I loved all the characters... surprisingly, I loved Martin Bennett--Walsh's father. That scene with Kristeene... Oh man, I can't even begin to describe it without jerking a couple of tears... I tried my best to contain my emotions 'coz lets face it, it is kinda pathetic to see a middle-aged woman ugly-crying herself in a quaint corner of Starbucks sipping Caramel Macchiato and munching on Caramel cookies... Although looking like a goldfish on dry land was embarrassing to say the least, but every tear was worth it, really.

And Walsh... (sigh) I wish I could find someone who will love me like that... someone who loves me regardless of my physical and psychological flaws...someone who will love me with fierce audacity.  Who knows, maybe someday my miracle will happen...

I learned a lot from this book... Mainly about regrets... being stubborn... being too proud... Pride is a tricky thing... It could really make or break a person for a lifetime.

We cannot help who we love, or how we really feel. We can only avoid it for so long, but not forever. No matter how hard we try to rationalize things to shield ourselves from heartbreak...when really, by doing it, not only do we find ourselves being hurt but we also hurt others in the process... Sometimes, we do what we gotta' do--selfishness be damned... And sometimes, deciding to give yourself a chance at your own happiness is a risk definitely worth breaking your heart or bones for.

Anyway... I can't wait for the next book.


To the fans of Take This Regret by A.L. Jackson, Love Realized by Melanie Codina, Work Of Art by by Monica Alexander and Second Rate Chances by Holly Stephens, this is the next one to read. Loving You Always is the second book of The Bennett's Series. I highly recommend it. I'm giving it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

To get a copy just click on the links provided below:

Loving You Always




When You Are Mine ( First Installment of The Bennett's Series)