Wednesday, August 7, 2013

LOVE LOVE by Beth Michele

SYNOPSIS:

Gabrielle Willis is smart. She's funny. And oh yes, she's a bit klutzy. 

When Gabrielle left sunny California bound for the energy of Manhattan, she was willingly leaving the life she had known for the new life she would create. But was she really leaving something behind or was she running away?

On the outside, Gabrielle Willis has it all under control. A new life in Manhattan, a great roommate, and a good job. But she is haunted. Haunted by a memory she's tried to forget and by a family who's abandoned her. But what happens when what's on the outside is only an illusion and in perfect contradiction to what's buried deep within?

Enter Dane Rhodes. He's gorgeous, smart, and sexy as hell. Just what Gabby wants, or so she thinks. But when she meets Brad Dixon, the sweet guy with the crooked smile, he begins to make her see that the very thing she is trying to run from is the very thing that just may push her to see the light.


My thoughts after reading...

I know I say this an awful lot. And I guess I'm just quite lucky that I love majority of the all the books I've read. And of course, I'm always honest in writing my reviews... I'm no expert in the nitty gritty of novel writing but as long as I understood the story and feel the characters, then I'm all set.

So Love Love isn't all that I expected. It has a bit of a darker side... It touches about death, abandonment, abuse...

Gabby Willis is broken deep down. On the surface she seems fine & dandy, but inside she's dealing with a whole lot of baggage. Her family is indifferent to her and she hasn't gotten over her fiancee's death. No wonder her mind is a clusterfuck of personal issues...although she's aware she needed to forge on and get on with her life, her issues keep holding her back... When her friend urges her to get back on the saddle, she reluctantly adheres but she doesn't really feel anything more than what was offered to her...

I didn't really feel like discussing the love triangle she was on with Dane Rhodes and Brad Dixon as I might giveaway important juicy details. But lemme just say, that although Gabby closed-up and resisted falling in love, I'm glad she'd finally let go of her past and gave herself a sincere shot at love again...

I cried like a lunatic on that part where she dreamt about Clarke and that part about finding out about the accident of her new love. It was like deja vu all over again and I became a bit worried that the book might not end in a happily ever after kinda' ending... I just hate those, honestly.

I would've wanted a longer epilogue... One that has them starting a family together and probably a bit of a friction coming that cheating asshole who finally realized he made a mistake...or something like it. Other than that, I have no complains... The story was heartwarming and realistic. Definitely a must-read. 😉👍❤



Anyone who hasn't read this yet, get your copy by clicking on the link below: