Tuesday, August 27, 2013

LICK by KYLIE SCOTT (Stage Dive #1)

SYNOPSIS: 

Waking up in Vegas was never meant to be like this.

Evelyn Thomas’s plans for celebrating her twenty-first birthday in Las Vegas were big. Huge. But she sure as hell never meant to wake up on the bathroom floor with a hangover to rival the black plague, a very attractive half-naked tattooed man, and a diamond on her finger large enough to scare King Kong. Now if she could just remember how it all happened.

One thing is for certain, being married to rock and roll’s favourite son is sure to be a wild ride.

My thoughts after reading...

This book was not what I expected. I mean I'm no prude but I thought twice before reading it because of the title... But to my surprise, I fucking loved it!! 'Got me hooked right from the first chapter!

So this story is about David Ferris and Evelyn Thomas... Evelyn is a college student, a doting daughter and kind of a nerd. She went to Vegas with her best-friend to celebrate her 21st birthday... David, on the other hand, was also in Vegas to party with his friends... He is the lead guitarist and song-writer from the popular rock band, Stage Dive.

Then Evelyn and David met, had too much to drink and then bam! She woke up married to him...which she doesn't really remember doing...which in turn, irritates David because all the while, he thought Evelyn wasn't that hammered. And then mentions of divorce and annulment came up...and that just made David even madder. And to top this all out, Evelyn has no idea who David was, except for being the handsome-drunken mistake that he was... But... Deep down, she felt drawn to him... And vice-versa.

I think what they did was very romantic... I know its crazy to marry someone you literally just met, and thank God both of them weren't a psycho serial killer...but still, it was sweet and very swoon-worthy... You know, the way the story was told about how David was hooked from the start...that there was something in Evelyn that makes him feel things he never felt before...(sigh)..

Like any relationship, David and Evelyn weren't spared from trust issues... I mean, even a 10-year old relationship has trust issues, what more these two right??

When they agreed to give their relationship a try, of course honesty is always imperative... There maybe issues that are harder to talk about, but still... That part about the diamond earrings was a bit hurtful though... And about not coming after Evelyn right away after the fall-out also kinda sucked. I would definitely feel the same as Evelyn if it happened to me...but I'm glad it all worked out in the end. 

David did everything a guy is supposed to do to win his woman back. I hope the men out there should take pointers from him.

Although I must say, I feel like the ending is kinda' hanging. I would've wanted to read about them getting married formally with their family and friends around...I would've wanted to read about Evelyn getting pregnant...but who knows?? Maybe there is a novella in the midst after Lick or a continuation of Evelyn and David's love story in Stage Dive #2...I can only hope...

This story reminded me of Waking Up Married by Mira Lynn Kelly and Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey... This is a must read! Go buy your copy by clicking on the link below.